oatmeal muffin cookies
- 1/2 cup organic vegan butter spread, 1/3 cup organic oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup brown rice syrup, barley malt, or date sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked / leftover oatmeal
- 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla soymilk
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup golden (sultanas) raisins and/or thompson raisins
mix oil and margarine well, add sugars and vanilla, blend til creamy... add the cup of cooked leftover oatmeal (bring
1/2 cup rolled oats and 1 cup water to a boil, turn down heat to low, let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring once in
a while - turn off heat, let sit for 5 minutes) and mix well... mix flour, baking soda & powder, and salt together... add flours and milk alternately to
the oil/sugar/oatmeal mixture... add the rolled oats and raisins, blend to make a nice sticky cookie-dough...
drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets, flatten with a fork (keep dipping the fork in water to
prevent sticking)... bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until they are a light golden color!
VARIATIONS: MEGA MIX = raisins, dried montmorency cherries, chopped walnuts,
vegan chocolate chips... BANANA DATE WALNUT: replace 1 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup mashed banana, replace raisins
with date pieces, add walnuts... SPICE: add 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, add golden raisins and walnuts... LOW SUGAR: leave out the 1/2 cup sweetener and add a bit more raisins instead...
golden apple cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookies
- 1/2 cup oil (we use a veg-mix of whatever is around - sesame and olive/sunflower/safflower)
- 3/4 cup sweetener: maple syrup, brown rice syrup, barley malt, or date sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce, 1/3 cup soymilk, 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tbsp. lecithin (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup golden raisins
mix oil, applesauce, sweetener, vanilla, and lecithin - blend well, then add the soymilk and mix some more...
mix the flour, baking soda and powder, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl, so all ingredients are
evenly dispersed... then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient, mixing/sirring continuously
to get a nice smooth batter... add the oats, mix/stir, then add the raisins and mix/stir until its a nice
next recipe | previous recipe | index